View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 06:24 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an interesting thread. What part of the country was this in? Sounds like the guys was blending. Maybe in a place that stays 100F all the time you could get away with this. But we don't recommend blending to our customers.

I now have over 12,000 miles on my truck running WVO in a two tank system. When I converted my truck it at 3900 miles on it. Things have been great.

I had some issues with the small secondary stock filter in the beginning. Plugged and died on the side of the road. Sad part was I had the filter in the truck (always care a spare when you do this) but I did not have the 1/2 drive ratchet to remove the cover. $35 buck cab ride later and I was back on the road.

I change this filter now about every 5-6,000 miles. The WVO never see the primary pump or filter. I need to change that one now that I have over 16K on the truck.

The 6.0 PSD engine in our opinion is a great motor to convert. The fuel travels through the heads so it's a great last heat source. Lost of folks spend god money for flat plate heat exchangers, Ford did the work for us.
The higher pressure injection also to me seems like it would be better for running WVO. The WVO will atomize better if it’s getting injected at the high pressure of the 6.0 versus some other engine.
Having a non-mechanical fuel pump make the conversion far simpler

I think as more and more come out of warranty you’ll see more and more of these getting converted. Also as fuel prices rise this summer again we’ll see increased interest.

New veggie oil is now cheaper in some parts of the country then diesel.