View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:16 PM
lesmore49
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bordaine
Lesmore49 My first vehicle was a 1960 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650 Twin w/ twin Mikuni carbs. I loved that bike, ended up trading it for a 1970 Super Bee. I would like to have either one of them back.
See if you can get the VIN number off the Rambler and lets see if that digs anything up. I did find mention of a AMC dealer showing up at drag strips with Rambler Super American, 343 2DR. He would race the cars and sell them in the parking lot after the race. They where 4SP, 4.10 cars. I will look that up again but I believe it was in Mich. If the story is true, that could be a very interesting AMC. Please let me know how you make out.
Steve
PS The door alignment on AMC was always questionable. I have yet to see an AMC with both door perfect. On my 69 AMX the pass door closes and lines up perfect but the drivers door is another story.
Bordaine,
I always have had a soft spot for big British twins. I always wanted a Triumph 650 Desert Sled with the side pipes , or a Royal Enfield Interceptor 750 twin, when I was a kid. I had CZs, Jawas and Yamaha (YDS3 Catalina, 250 SS) when I was a kid.

Regarding the American with the 343-315/320 hp engine. I have only seen the guy once, but if I see him again, I will try to get the VIN #. There was a story about his car in the Winnipeg free Press, a couple of years ago.

This car was ordered, and sold in Winnipeg, Canada.

I do remember the mid to late 60's. All sorts of odd combos, seemed to be available, from different manufacturer;s, especially Chevy..

In answer to the other poster, it did have dual exhausts. I was quite taken with this little, plain jane, with the big power under the hood , and stripper interior, with that 4 speed, stick.

Les