Old 03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

Not gonna start a large argument here as I am really happy with brewing my own. No I do not sell it to friends etc. as I have also thought about the reprocussions of a possible failure, malfunction etc. As well as the taxes iI would be responsible to pay on any amount of fuel over 400 gallons a quarter. Plus the fact my neighbors do not want trucks in and out of the area all day blah blah blah.

But to answer your thought on farmers using petroleum etc. Maybe you need to dig a little deeper before you speak. Not all but most farmers have been running on BD for many many years (talking about midwest crop farmers) They began to research this long before most others thought about it. Hence growing their own fuel. Also look into algae produced oils, The future of BD is there. Basically I can grow enough algae in a bath tub to supply both of my PSD's. So I feel you need to look a little deeper and research before you can say such a bold statement. I am not some hobbiest here. I have and continue to study and research better ways and more ways of making BD etc. Fab man is doing the same. Also research the palm tree. It alone produces 48 usable products to replace petroleum. Not just fuel but fertilizers, plastics, clothing, and many more. So do some homework and then come back