View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 05:32 AM
rlee
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1963 F-100 LTD unibody

I just found this site and thought I`d put in my 2 cents. I have a `63 unibody long bed that I first put a Volare suspension in. I hated it. Since I blew up the 302, and my `75 LTD was a good runner ,I thought they should mate. I measured and found that I could put the truck body on the entire car frame.The main thing I had to do was to narrow the car frame rails in about 2 inches on each side.No biggie. So I took all the body bolts out,I thought, and used a backhoe to raise the body off. SNAP!!! I left 2 bolts in above the rear end behind the back seat. So I then proceeded to graft on the front clip. The only thing I wish I would have done was to weld the LTD frame back together and used the whole car frame. Where the the frame kicks up over the rear end would have fit inside the big wheel tubs that the truck came with. This thing rides better than a Plymouth ever could. I used all the mechanicals off the car except for the wiring and guages, which I bought from Summit Racing. I`ve got a 400,C-6,with Edelbrock intake and carb, along with a list of other neat after market stuff.The front is wider, but I got some offset wheels to take care of that. Now I want a new challenge. My truck is for sale to get an older Ford car. Maybe from around `50 to `64. This truck has been with me for 20 years and I`ll sure miss it. That`s what I said about my ex-wife too, but I got over that.lol So if anyone needs information on this swap or to buy mine, you can e-mail me at rleee57(No Email Addresses In Posts!) Sorry, I think I put in a dollars worth instead of 2 cents.