View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you do it?

I dont know how to explain it. I feel like i am getting absolutly nothing acomplished in my english class. My grade is a C+ and is falling. I do not want it to fall further. I am thinking that i should just forget about all the stuff i havent done and try to get a handle on what is due. Is this the right way to go about this? or should i try to get the old stuff done first? Its an AP course, which means its faster paced and more "advanced" and stuff, but its like alot of reading and assignments and stuff. All english work and no play on my ford truck makes me a dull boy! Heres what i did today.

School 7:55-12:00
Eat and drive to work 12:00-1:00
Work 1-4
Visit with grandparents and back in town by 5
Went to friends house to work on fenders for my truck 5-7
Came home and met girlfriend 7:00-7:30
Shopping for food 7:30-9:00
Finding other things to do to put off english homework 9:00-9:46

And the english stuff is like really really boaring. Like "blah blah blah...and the boy put on his hat and walked out the door...Blah Blah Blah" Then its followed by a question like "what is the significance of the boy putting on his hat"? It just drives me crazy because i dont see that there is any specific answer to a question like that. Maybe the kid just wanted to wear his hat, it doesnt have to mean anything. Thats like most of the reason why i dont want to even start on any homework. Plus, right now i'm so far behind i feel doomed. What do you guys/gals do to overcome this? I think I should just forget the late stuff ever existed and worry about what is due tommorow? Is that the right way to go about this. I've never failed a class and i'm not going to my senior year with only 3 classes left.

Thanks, Peter