Old 02-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Al Bundy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=jimbo beam]
Originally Posted by Al Bundy
I have experienced it. My old t-100 4 cylinder was a dog, but it would take the abuse i put it through. i've over loaded it many times and it never had failed me. my drivers suck too. its been in 7 accidents and the body is banged up, but it always ran good with over 270,000 hard miles. my new f-250 is a lot more powerful, but i don't abuse it as much as the toyota....

everybody has storys like these, i've got a 82 f100 with the 4.9 that has 227.000 miles, its takin all my abuse.

when everybody remembers how great a cirtan vehicle was its always years after they quit making them.

for what they lack in guts old trucks make up for with dependability and the ease of matinance.

theres no comparison between older and modern fords and toyotas, their from completely differnt worlds. old trucks were trucks, primative, simple, and some what power lacking, but they last forever. new trucks may have more power and modern accessories, but thats just more junk to break.

how will the new trucks do? only time will tell.

what im really saying is take your old toyota 4 cylinder and compair it to a new one, the new one will make more power, but the old one will live longer.
samething when compairing a old ford inline six to a new ford v6.
I think everything changes for the better. Imagine what was going on in the minds of people with older cars and trucks when it was the 1990's. Probably thinking the same as you. Advancements today make vehicles run more efficent, while pumping out more power. The only thing I don't like is people using their trucks as vans to carry people.