View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 03:20 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just post this in the N.Cal forum in response to the same question being asked.

Well fellas to be a CL (chapter leader) you need to be a member for at least a year (or close to it we do have a fudge factor here) and have a fair amount of good posts under your belt, have a positive image in your fello members eyes. Now for the hard part, you need to be able to maintain contact online to help promote growth of the chapter and be responsive to questions members they may have.

Be able to help with getting a couple of G2G's (get 2 gethers) going to meet with other FTE'ers ,Traveling is not required but encouraged but that is up to you the CL. Help promote growth of FTE. It is mainly a online position but the more you can put into it the more you and the members will get out of it.

Keep in mind that this is a group effort.

all I can say is try to keep things interesting and membership will grow.

Even though I'm the overall Moderator of the chapters, I use a hands off approach to things because every region is differant, just as long as the FTE guidlines are followed, no ones gonna nit pick the leader.

There more to this but that basic idea for ya, maybe a few other leaders will drop inn and add there comments.

There is a good thread in the general discussion with a lot of good info for you all .
Heres the link for it .

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296418

If theres anything i can be of help with just PM me.

Gotta go now I gots some mason jars with some funny smellin clear liquid to put away...