View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
john112deere
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Tahoe as been a good truck for quite a while, but with a few little annoyances, like an interior that looked like it came from a Kia, and a brake pedal that felt like it was going to go to the floor every time you stepped on it. They've fixed both of those problems in the new one, so I'd wager it is now an excellent truck.

As for the size, it is small because it slots BELOW the Suburban in the Chevy marketing scheme. If potential buyers think the Tahoe is too small, then they can step up to the Suburban, which is just a bigger Tahoe. If, however, the Tahoe were to grow, then Chevy might lose customers who don't want anything bigger than the Tahoe, but do want bigger than the Trailblazer.

I for one, think that the whole big SUV, family 4-door pickup market is going to shrink in the next few years, once people realize that gas prices are probably going to stay above $2 into the forseeable future (as every source I've read says) and lots of them don't need vehicles that big. (Who knows, they might even realize that smaller cars are easier to park and handle better...)