Old 02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
xtmsports
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordsuvparts
I would say that it was the rotors and pads that you used were the problem. Auto zone and advance auto are really bad about having the cheapest quality on the market. Also 165 is not a bad price to replace the control arm and realign it. You should repalce the pad and rotors from some where like carquest or napa. The front brakes do about 60-70% of the braking any way so they will wear faster. I had the same problem with both of my navigators, i switched to a good quality pad and rotor and did not see the problem again.
Very interesting, that may explain Autozone's lifetime guarantee on the pads.
I always figured that since it had a lifetime replacement guarantee, it meant they stood behind their product and it would last a long time. I remember Raybestos used to have that lifetime guarantee, and Raybestos are pretty good pads.

Anyways, I got new good quality rotors from Fast Undercars and I got replacement warrany Autozone Pads. Hopefully they last.

I just thought maybe the ball joints cause premature brake wear. Thanks.

Still debating on whether I NEED to had the ball joint/control arm replaced. The repair manual said that the ball joint is not serviceable.