View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 10:03 PM
zukezake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tune-up specs needed for a 352

I'll be scanning my copy of the owner's manual specificiation section. This is not something i've seen on the web site... I'll take the time now to quote the pertent info, though they agree with the prior poster

Compression presure - 160-200
Idle speed
Std transmission
Non-thermacator 550-575
thermacator 510-636
Auto trans (in drive)
Non-termacator 475-500
Thermacator 525-550

Oil presure hot (psi at 2000 rpm) 35-55
Cylinder Firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
Sparc plug replacement number BF42
Plug gap .032-.036
Distribtor point gap .017

Ignition timming
non-thermacator
STD 6 (degrees) (3) (4)
auto 6 (degrees) (3) (4)
Thermacator
STD TDC(3) (4)
auto TDC(3) (4)

(3) if the individual requirements of the vehicle and/or use of sub-standard fuels dictate the inital timming may have to be retarded from the "pre-delivery" or "Normal" setting to elimate detonation. If retarding is nessicary it should be done progressivly not to exceed 2 (degrees) BTDC.

(4) For altitude operation and/or in order to obtain optimum engine performance and fuel economy it is permissible to further advance the inital tignition timming to a maximum of 5(degrees) in excess of the "mnormal" setting. No further improvement in engine peformance or fuel economy will be achieved by advancing beyond this point. To Pperform this operation the timming should be advanced progresively untill engine detonation (sparc knock) is evident under ideal road test acceleration, following which the timing should be retarded sufficiently to elmate detonation.