View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:51 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using c6- may go with overdrive once my pocket fills back up again- in fact will likely go with overdrive or look at 4 speed auto options which kindof exist.

Money it takes to get longer rods for this motor is $$$ prohibitive. not a lot of options for the 400. can get cleveland pistons but have to bush rods...on and on. My static compression ratio (10.5) is right where I need it for the cam I'm running and, again, if you get into the 9:1 DYNAMIC compression ratio and above the motor may have a dramatically lower life regardless of octane. So my 10.5:1 bled down to 8.75:1 (or so) by rv roller cam seems to be the best option/compromise. Another $$$grand in pistons etc would only give me a bit better quench and thats a maybe as we are not sure how quence affects propane.

I have all my parts now except hei distributor/elec fan and a few minor things. The block is being prepped for the retro roller cam and then I will start building...I am also still porting my oz heads. I have assembles some of the best parts money can buy for this build and am getting excited- still trying to finish up my sons bronco-argh!