View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 AM
eco
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I replaced the air temp sensor and the ECT...and nothing changed I thought I was on the right track, but I guess not. So, back to the drawing board.

The only way to keep this motor running without touching the throttle is to feed a stream of propane into the air cleaner. But, that only works for maybe a minute. Once the minute is over, the rpm surges from 600 to 1100 give or take. The funny thing is that this problem was not present before the motor was removed. The motor had TONS of blow-by and a couple of cylinders had no compression. That was the reason for the overhaul. I thought to myself..."Well, as long as the motor is out, this is the perfect time to replace everything else!" Seems logical, right? So, in come all the new sensors, actuators, distributor etc. etc. Once everything was in place and ready to go, I did my break in. Everything seemed alright during the 20 minutes that the motor was running @ 2000 rpm. Once I was ready to shut the motor down and proceed with the oil and oil filter change I let off the gas and reached for the ignition, but before my hand got to the keys the motor was already shut off. That was when I first noticed the problem, and ever since then I have been fighting this.

The million dollar question: What could have happened while replacing EVERYTHING that would result in a problem like this?

I wish that the 1990 F250 had the same EEC so that I could try it out on the 1988, but it doesent. More and more I am wanting to just buy a new (well, not new but "remanufactured") EEC and hope that it fixes my problem, but everything that I read tells me how indestructable these things are and that 99 times out of 100 replacing the EEC does not fix the problem.

So, what do I do?