View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 07:03 AM
GeoDaddy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for the responses...

I've seen that Dealership along Route 17 (right?) I'm just worried that a Ford Dealership will charge you double what an independent mechanic would - for the same work. We had that experience on the first trip from Reno to New Jersey, stopping in Cheyenne, WY. Had to get a couple of Fuel Injectors replaced and it cost double of what it owuld have - had we had time to shop around.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the glass chip deal. I can live with it (not in line of sight or anything) and they are very small... but I wouldn't be surprised if the New Jersey Inspection process has a problem with it - as I was told by an Inspector at a private garage that my "bullrack" welded onto the front grill would also be a problem were I to take it to a "state" inspection facility.

As for Manhattan, the driving wasn't the hard part - trying to park it on a Saturday afternoon on the Upper Eastside - I found impossible. I guess I could have taken it to the lots around the Copa in the 30s, but - at $6 just for the GW Bridge - I'm thinking the bus remains me best into the city transportation option. I'd still have to take the subway to get anywhere after I parked it!

Thanx

g