Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Phil056
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had to replace my washer pump this past weekend. You don't have to remove the battery to take out the reservoir tank. There are three bolts that keep the tank down. The easiest one is on the fender at the top, the other one on the fender is at the bottom right next to the battery. The third is between the battery and the tank, you can see an indent in the tank to use an extension on your ratchet set to take off that bolt. I actually used two extensions together to reach the lower fender one. It took some time but it came out. I needed to take off the battery plastic cover though, b/c it blocked enough access to get the bolts out.
As far as the connections go, to take off the connection for the pump, you need a thin flat headed screwdriver to insert it into the open side of the connector (towards the tank) and while putting some pressure on it you can lift it up. Be careful, b/c the plastic can snap. The same thing goes for the low washer connector (closest to the battery). After these have been disconnected, just use some light pressure and pry off the washer fluid hoses that come out of the pump (it's easier to drain the reservoir first b/c they will drain from the pump).
Then just move the resevoir around a bit and you should be able to take it out.
Don't have the LSS so I can't help you there.
Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck,
Phil