View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by parkland
So, whats anyones thought of putting the WVO lines in the exhaust pipes?

BTW, i'm not an expert mechanic, i have never even torn down a diesel, I just figured that the oil burns when hot, keep oil hot.

Also, keep fuel+heating line wrapped in insulation. I used foam pipe insulation wrapped in electric tape. You could probably use pool noodles wrapped in duct tape.

DO NOT use copper for WVO systems. it reacts. Use steel. I used old steel oil furnace lines.
The coolant line runs through a steel pipe going throught the bottom of the WVO tank.

My WVO tank had a 2" pipe coming out of the bottom, with a ball valve. You'd be surprised how clean you can get WVO with newspaper filters.
My newspaper filter was basically a bucket with the bottom gone, with a layer of chicken wire, screen, then newspaper sheets, and then a piece from another bucket to slide over holding the "filter" on the bottom of the bucket. Before using this filter, i used anyhting i could find to get rid of bigger particles.
I would think the exhaust pipe would be to hot. You might run the risk of melting your fuel lines.