View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 02:10 PM
IBeam
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All this new computer related sensors and such are fairly new to me(Old Iron Man), but isn't the TFI Module related to the Distributer. The one I have has the Dual Coils, with out the Distributer.

I have been doing a little reseach on the Internet(at Work) and I find a lot of problems associated with bad grounds. I will say I can not rule this out as I just took a two wheel drive ranger, switched the body to a 4X4 Long bed frame, used my shortbed, then lengthened the cab 8 inches, and needles to say, converted it to a four wheel drive.

I did keep all the original as far as engine, wiring, sensors. It is a different Trans though. It should have been a simple plug and play. Proper ground on the other hand, I will not rule out. I know the ground is important to the new systems, and was suprized to see the engine to body ground just dangeling on the back of the engine when I pulled it. I did re-connect it when I put it in the new setup, but I did not really check the battery to body ground.(already connected)

Last edited by IBeam; 01-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.