View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM
blhfla
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyo
Which conversion kit would ya'll recommend for the 7.3L PSD? This is the main reason I bought the PSD. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, can anyone recommend some sites with good info on the whole process? Thanks.
I also bought my 99 PSD to run on WVO (and I needed a truck). I post/read Greasecar's forum daily (www.greasecar.com) - that's a good place to get your feet wet regarding WVO as a fuel (although you will deal with lots of 'lost' tree-huggers and posters not up to this forum's intellectual level, in many cases, IMO of course). As for kits, IMO I would suggest that Frybrid (www.frybrid.com), Neoteric aka Plantdrive (www.plantdrive.com), and possibly FN74 (www.vegiestroke.com) are perhaps the "best" kits for the PSD. I plan to use Plantdrive, as Frybrid probably has top quality components but they are not available a la carte AND personally I find the owner less than desirable to deal with; also the kit is overly expensive and I think overkill in some ways. The Vegiestroke has become more expensive and I have concerns with the thoroughness of the heating capabilities, although it may be fine as is. Plantdrive is available by components, but their kit for the PSD is a good way to go. Also they save you money where possible (you purchase "local" components, save on shipping, etc.). So far my customer service experience has been good - Craig/Ed have answered all questions even though I haven't purchased anything yet. Some (on Greasecar's forum) have designed/built their own systems, but I would go with a kit for the PSD (in my case it's Plantdrive).
Check out the kits and forums for yourself and I think you'll be able to start to make some contrasts to help you decide.