Thread: Pure Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Snake1979
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
As NASA mentioned above. Hydrogen isn't the wonder fuel that it's cracked up to be. Sure it's clean when you burn it, but it takes incredible amounts of energy to produce it. if you look at the full cycle, running a car on gasoline is CLEANER than running one on hydrogen

Also, don't think that the Saudis are the only ones getting rich off petroleum. The good ole USA makes its share, as does Canada, Norway and a bunch of other places that we'd consider alies.
I didn't say Hydrogen is ready right now, thats why I said in the FUTURE hydrogen is the most viable fuel for atuomakers. I didn't mean tommorow. As NASA mentioned, the better we get at suppling domestic energy, the more viable of a solution hydrogen will become.

And surely your not saying that hydrogen burns dirtier than gasoline? I hope your talking about the production process, and if thats done right that creates no polution, oh, sorry, more oxygen. Once we convert to more of a nuclear solution, either fission or fusion, that problem will all be taken care of.