Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 PM
dinosaurfan
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
titles

Wynn, I don't think much of titles, and don't bother with them anymore. But I'm thinking the guys are correct, that most states are going to claim to go buy the frame number. That said, I seriously doubt that anyone at your local DMV even knows where to look for that number on the frame. I would bet some really big money the cops in your area don't know where the numbers are either. Here's what I did when I still bothered with such things. I put a cab, front fenders and hood on a differant frame. I drilled out the rivets in the door, and cut out the number from the dash. So I had the numbers that my original title expected the the truck to have. The one on the dash was just laying there, and I used sheet metal screws to do the door plate. That way if an officer looked at my numbers for some reason, it would look like they expected. Therefore, if you put the '66 body on a newer frame, I would go with the '66 title and vin. If somebody were to wonder if it were stolen or not, a number for a '71 on what looks like a '66 would cause lots of questions, wouldn't it ? DF, @ his Dad's