View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 PM
rcdallas
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well people say depending on the feed stock that was used for the Bio, B100 gets thick at 40 degrees. I will say I have the same thoughts on making bio with the chemicals involved and is the main deciding factor in why I started with a conversion.

Now after having to take my Excursion in for common problems addressed on the forums, I'm reluctant to finishing the conversion on my Excursion due to warranty purposes. With that being said I'm personally going to start brewing Biodiesel to run in the Ex, Ford may say 5%, but it'll be alot easier to hide running Biodiesel when taking in for Warranty work, that and I don't have to be as picky with the oil, I'll taking the bacon grease and use that as well. In my area I tend to find quite a few people using lard which I've had to turn down. So I suppose it all balances out.

The great thing about getting into WVO, is I already have just about all the componets neccessary to make Bio.

I guess I'll have the best of both worlds. Can't wait till the Sheriff comes knocking on my door thinking I have a meth lab going on, that'll be neat