View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 09:44 PM
dlbelton
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I'd save NAPA as a last resort, because of the prices. But when you really have to find something - they are good!

Somewhere around here is an offroad and 4X4 place that's got a lot of good stuff. I can't remember what it's called though.

A fun place to check out is up toward Covington on the right as you go up 51. It's mainly BIG trucks, but you can find all sorts of goodies there. Easy to spot - there's almost a quarter mile of semi's lined up in the front of the place.

You can get train horn kits there for around two hundred fifty smackers, or if you REALLY want a great set of mirrors for towing, they'll pull them right off of a Peterbuilt for Ya...

Wandering around the main shop storefront I saw bins filled with nuts, bolts, line fittings, lights, reflectors, and just tons of stuff. New, used, you name it
Just what I need! a F-250 with Peterbilt mirrors, and Kenworth wheels! Throw in a Mack hood ornament, and I'll be set!

Seriously, though... I will check it out since I am up that way fairly often on my way to Halls/Nankipoo... I usually bypass that area of 51 and get on 51 in covington, but I'll have to swing by there...

I also seem to recall a place on 51, on the left as you are going north that has a lot of truck beds lined up on racks right by the road, too...

btw... Greywolf is a name I have used online since way back in 1985, when 300 baud was kickin...