View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 04:12 PM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not saying I agree with the call, but in the rules it says if any part of the body is across the plane, and the refferee association released a statement that my Government teacher showed me, stating that he called offsides since the helmet was across the plane. Conference USA officiating is A LOT more strict than the Big XII, Big 10, SEC, ACC, etc...

Also, Iowa shouldn't have been in the position that those calls should've made a difference of a win or loss, the refs didn't miss a block for the punt that was blocked for a TD, or throw the TD interception. I wanted Iowa to win too, even though I am a HUGE ISU fan, but it just looks better for our record if Iowa would've won since we beat the Outback Bowl Champs, but they lost, it happens.

NOW, any thoughts on the season cuz all I hear now around here(near Iowa City) is b****ing and moaning about the game, its over and the refs might have seen something you couldn't from the cameras, ya never know. BTW, ISU got screwed over by replay, but they shouldn't have been in a position for that to make the difference in the game.