Thread: Broken truck
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 03:20 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken truck

Well here's the story about it.

It first started Sunday when my cousin asked me to come out to Chandler park with him, I was thinking hey, this can't be too bad, I'll take the easy trails with my mostly stock Bronco II. Well we get in there and right away my cousin gets stuck in a mud pit, he was up to the frame in mud and you couldn't see the tires. By the way he was driving a 73 GMC Sierra with 35" Buckshot mudders and he was in 4-low and was just burrying himself more so I didn't think I needed to be out in that. I ended up pulling out this 10,000 pound beast with my little Bronco II but the place we hooked up to on the frame slipped and the hook caught my bumper and half of it ripped off.. I would've thought it would've been stronger but the welds broke. So here I am a little POed about that but he said he'd make me a new one (which is fantastic because he welds and I want a stainless dual tubular bumper and he's going to pay for it lol). Well now my tranny is making some weird whining noise and I'm thinking this can't be good, and then some pump sounds like it's dying so I say we should go home and do it some other time.

Well there I only had a broken rear bumper, nothing too bad untill I was on my way home, and I was about a mile from my house untill I remembered that the road was closed down and I'd have to make a 3 mile detour. So I come upon the stop sign and about to turn and my tranny slips then I get it to go and smoke is now coming out behind me and everything and I make it about a mile to somewhere I could pull over at and turn it off and then there's a huge puddle of oil and a line of oil as far as the eye can see lol. So now I'm taking the time that it's not working to go ahead with the performance side too. I'm taking the engine apart now and I'll be porting and polishing the heads and manifolds and get the heads cut down a little. New freefloating lifters and pushrods will be put in and a new torque converter will need to be in along with front tranny seal. I believe I'll be up and running again then. Any suggestions or anything would be great or if you want to say how much you feel sorry for me that works too, lol. Or if you just want to say hey, that works too.