View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Mil1ion,

Thanks for the reply. I went out and took a picture to try and compare the linkage.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=100356&.jpg

It looks like the blue linkage comes down to what is labeled "outer manual lever", however in the illustration that lever appears to go beyond the tranny oil pan while in my picture it's not even close. Also my pic has the extra lever with the green hole.

The blue lever is the kickdown rod

The green holed lever is the main shifter linkage

I know... I know... illustrations are simplified. I just want to make sure everything is A-OK before doing anything. If that pic IS of the correct location, are the holes at the 11 & 5 O'clock position the correct holes? Again, using the illustration they appear to be a LOT more tilted than the holes I'm looking to find.

Those holes are correct
Also (geez, what a mess), assuming that is the correct location and I have the proper mounting holes to mount this sucker do I also need to make sure the round spacer has the correct indentations to match the keys on the NSS shown?? (I know, I should just look/feel to see if they do, but so far I've managed to not get too dirty and I'd to keep it that way until next time I'm in my "working on my truck" clothes)

IIRC ,That plastic sleeve only fits one way., You need to put the shifter/trans in neutral, Set the NSS so the hole has a drill bit in it (Neutral position) and then slide it on to the shaft in place of the spacer.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=100360&.jpg

Didn't know if the tranny's that used the column mounted NSS still used the same "spacer/whatever" as those that mounted the NSS on the tranny.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! (If you can answer all these new questions I'm definitely going to click on the scale icon to make sure you get those points for whatever they're good for! )

Do you already have the NSS to install on the trans ?