Old 03-11-2002, 11:36 AM
jherman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a idea of value for a 72 ford F100 Ranger XLT

We have often discussed this and will in the future and that is fine. In the past, someone pointed me to www.nadaguides.com. They give market prices for the older vehicles including 1972 Ford Trucks. Very helpful to give you an idea of worth based on condition. I have found the nadaguides site much more helpful(translated: realistic to me) than Kelly Blue Book. The prices sometimes give you a little warm fuzzy feeling that you may be able to get out of the truck at least what you have in it. You can say to your spouse, See this is a really solid investment! The only interest may be yours but at least on paper you are not losing a lot of money. Keep in mind I have never sold or tried to sell or buy anything at these quoted prices. I do have a couple of older vehicles that I plan to sell but they are not Fords. I plan on using the nadaguides.com site to kind of figure out how to price then and maybe test the waters on Ebay or Hemings Motor News. It is hard to figure value on Ebay because often the vehicle advertized goes off auction because time is up and the threshold price was not met. So, you never even know what the guy or gal was minimally asking. Hemings Motor News is another possiblity to see what is being sold, although I have never checked out their site.
Joe Herman