View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:21 PM
blhfla
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Barbieri
In fact, does ANYONE out there have over 100,000 miles on a WVO or SVO two-tank conversion? (http://www.greasel.com/, http://www.greasecar.com/) I'd like to hear about your experiences with injection pump/injection nozzle performance and lifespan, lube oil decisions (type/frequency), and any engine-related repair issues that occured. TIA for any info you folks can provide!
Neoteric (www.plantdrive.com) has a Canadian customer with 250k kilometers (155k miles) on a 6.9 Ford. Craig Reese, co-owner of Neoteric can verify this for you.

Greasel (www.greasel.com) has a customer with 106k miles on VO (266k total on vehicle, I believe). You can go to their website under testimonials and see the name/location.

I KNOW there are others including an OTR 18 wheeler closing in on 1 million miles on VO. There are many whom have had no problems running on VO; however, EVERYONE will tell you it is still in the experimental stages and if these concerns are significant to you then perhaps it isn't for you. I am certain it will work fine for me. As long as the fuel is hot enough so you don't have coking issues the engine should last longer than the truck. Besides if it was good enough for Rudy, it's good enough for me.

Something else to consider. WVO is basically free fuel. At about $2.50/gallon for diesel I spend almost $6000/year on fuel. If I save $6000/year my entire truck will be paid for in two years. That's if fuel doesn't go up next year (yeah, right). Then it could be paid for even faster. If I only get four years out of my truck/system it will have paid for one truck and saved me enough cash to buy another. If it lasts eight years, let's see now, how many trucks will fit in my driveway.......No brainer for me.

Last edited by blhfla; 12-27-2005 at 01:30 PM.