View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM
griz7674
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner by Champaign, Illinois

Well, after much thought I finally pulled the trigger about 2 weeks ago on a 2005 F150 Supercrew 4wd XLT. I don't know what I was waiting on but I am glad I finally pulled the trigger. I have never really owned a real truck in the past and have a lot of questions etc thta I will pose over the next few months in the various forums etc.

Thus far, I have put in a Rhino liner, Aluminum folding bed cover, nerf bars, bull guard, full seat covers, dvd system, cab lights, and Husky liners. I am now wanting to turn more towards performance and maximizing any gains that I can get out of the truck. Right now, I am less than impressed with my mpg. I am averaging about 12 mpg with the majority of my driving being interstate. I never accelerate her hard nor do I go past 3000 rpms. I have gone through 2 tanks and both average right at the same mpg. While I did not buy this truck for it's economy it would be nice to make some modest improvements here.

I know some have the superchips tuner. I have zero experience with tuners and am not quite sure what the total effect is with these. Will it help with fuel economy as well as horsepower without affecting my warranty? Any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated!

Griz