View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:12 AM
DearbornDerek
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinM
Sorry - disagree - Just looked at one, the bumper could never support class IV weights. The 06 I looked at had the same class IV hitch as my 04, bolted directly to the frame and hugs the underside of the bumper! The bumper is setup for a lower class tow!

Heres what is in the tow package for more then 5,000lbs
Includes Class IV trailer hitch receiver, 7-pin wiring harness, heavy-duty 72-amp battery, upgraded radiator and upgraded auxiliary transmission oil cooler (requires 4.6L or 5.4L Triton® V8); auxiliary transmission oil cooler only with 4.2L V6 A/T

Dealers will not pull off vehicles with them already installed, because there is to much to pull off!
Sorry-disagree-I build them. The class IV is also buit into the bumber but has the added stength from also being bolted to the frame. The 06 is different in design as it secured to the frame the same way for both bumpers. An 06 bumper of any kind will not fit on an 04-05 model. Trust me when I say that the class IV hitch is already in the bumper when it comes to the plant.

Actually you only have to undo three nuts on each side and disconconect the three or four wires that go to the bumper. A 10-15 minute job.