Old 12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
powerdog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making big HP with the 2.3L. It can be done!

I have not ben on here much I spend a lot of time at the RPS ford ranger forums.

I just wanted to let you all know how much I like these 2.3L's they are one of the best built motors out there in my mined.

I have a 98 ranger had the 2.5L in I took the motor out took the crank and pistons rods out got a 2.3L crank from a 97 ranger put the 2.3l turbo pistons in with turbo rods they are the same as the stock 2.3L rods.

42lb injectors, 90mm MAF, stinger turbo header, 38mm external waste gate, h1c holset turbo, 3" exhaust, I have it tuned with SCT's pro racer pack wich makes so I can do all my own tuning.

I started with the auto tranny. It held up for 200ft on the road 1st drive. So I bought a 5spd out of a 97ranger that had the 2.3L in, I put that in with the stock clutch the clutch helt good to 8psi of boost then it would let go. So I ordered the stage 4 spec clutch it now holds up fine, I am currently running 20 psi of boost, I have it equipped with the front mount intercooler that makes 20 psi safe.

The stock head gasket holds fine. The motor is the same as a stock 2.3L all except for the pistons. I dynoed it a few weeks ago and made 278RWHP @ 5300 rpms and 300ft lbs of tq.

If any of you ever want more power a turbo is the answer. It could have been done a lot cheaper. 1st time mistakes cost $$.

Here are some vids I made of it 3 days ago when the weather was still nice.

copy and past these to your adress bar. with the http:// in front of it it will work.

prodieselsledpulling.com/Ranger%20vids/Turbo%20ranger%20road%20run.wmv

prodieselsledpulling.com/Ranger%20vids/Turbo%20ranger%20burnout.wmv
Pic of truck

Last edited by powerdog; 12-05-2005 at 08:35 PM.