View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Rego
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow Package for 2006

Last week I purchased a brand new 2006 F-150 Lariat 4x2 from a local dealership. The one that I picked did not have the tow package but I explained to the salesperson that I wanted everything in the tow package. I asked him what I needed to add to make it exactly the same as the ones that come with tow package. He said all I had to add was the tow hitch which at the dealership would cost $600 but I could get it aftermarket for about $300. I asked him an additional 3 times before signing the contract and asked him to make sure. He left for about 5 minutes and came back and told me that everything was the same except for the tow hitch. I purchased the truck that night.. The next day I was on the computer and was browsing around some ford sites to read about my new truck.. I quickly learn that not only do I need the hitch (which turns out to be over $700 installed) but I also need a different battery, a different radiator, an additional wiring harness in the rear, and possibly an auxilliary transmission cooler.
I immediately contacted the sales manager, and he told me the cost on all of the above would be over $1500.. Needless to say I was furious.. But he said as a good guy he would let me bring the truck back (even though it would be a huge loss for them and let me pick out a different truck).. Well I thought that was reasonable until he told me he would charge me $3800 more for a truck that only had $1500 more in options than my original truck... After I told him that was unacceptable he said that he would install the appropriate equipment to make mine just like one with a tow package, and split the cost of doing it. So he told me that would be $840 after tax... Frustrated, I agreed. I dropped the truck off to them Thursday morning of last week and it was supposed to be completed by noon today (Monday). I called them up at 12:30 today, and they hadn't done a single thing to the truck. They claim because the 2006 truck is so new they can't get a hold of the appropriate hitch.
Any help on ideas or what i should do would be greatly, greatly appreciated.