View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well pretty much all the construction of the dash is in those pics in my gallery, but if you have any specific questions about it let me know. Basically, I built a sheet metal extension of the dash to create that extruded console in the middle. The big panel that is angled toward me is all my switches for the lockers, nitrous, headlights, etc. Then I moved the heater controls and radio next to that, centered in the truck so the passenger can get to them. The dash panel is made of a sheet of Lexan (bullet proof glass) that I cut with a jig saw and then bent to fit the contours of my new dash with a heat gun. If you get it hot enough you can shape it any way you want to. Once I cut all my holes for the guages I covered the Lexan with a carbon fiber look vinyl. The other thing I had to do was tilt the whole dash up a bit so the guages faced me. You could build this tild into the panel if you wanted but I thought it was easier to build it flat and then drill 2 new holes in the side walls to rebolt the dash where I wanted it.