View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
phat56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys - The MGM show was not bad, but I dropped off the truck and went home to do yard work. I guess that's how I missed you. When I went back, the organizer convinced me to go on the scav hunt. Turns out most of the things on the list were on that side of town , so I decided to go. I had quite a few items, but not all and decided to drop those off and go to the other side of town. When I dropped them off I was told that the hunt was over, but I was just in time. So I had 8 of 10 items, and the other guy ( that's right, one other guy ) only had 7. I won a NICE Ford Racing jacket, and first for "old truck" or whatever. As far as other shows, there was Powerama in Apr. That was quite a show and the really amasing part is that considering the caliber of vehicles there I thought there was no way in Hell I was even a contender. The rest of the guys in the Ford club in Red Deer said that it was pretty hard to win there, but I was only there for the fun anyway, and fun we had. By the end of the weekend all I wanted was my bed!! When the award presentations started, we all sat together and just about everybody from Red Deer won! When they announce the winners, they start with third, then second, and finally first. I thought that I might have got third, but First ??? I personally don't care if I ever win another. That was SWEET. Then there was the club show in the rain and very cold, the Healy Ford show in Edmntn, A couple of local shows, the last one was the Intl' Mustang show in Helena Montana. Another fantastic car show and just great fun. It sur doen't leave much time for camping or Quadding but we got a bunch of that in as well. Anyways I have to go hang pictures ( post renovations ) see ya later