Old 11-27-2005, 07:40 PM
bradoemba
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuse block/fuse panel location on 54 f100

As I stated a few weeks ago, an electrical fire is causing me to rewire the whole truck. Based on the fire, it's obvious that this should have been done already. Anyway, I plan on installing a complete aftermarket harness (Painless, EZ wire, etc.) and am looking for recommendations regarding the location of the fuse panel.

I can't seem to find in the shop manual where the original location is, and my cootie-bobbin (sp?) current install has a fuse block bolted to the front of the heater ducting. Some of the kits mention installing it remotely behind the seat. (And they mention using the 'mini' fuses for this, too - any thoughts on mini vs normal?)

Your thoughts, and ideally pictures, would be much appreciated. I will likely have it professionally done (thank you insurance!), which means I won't be able to spend quality time on my back under the dash figuring out the best spot myself. And I know many of you have already been there.

Few more notes to help. It has a Brand X big-block, auto tranny, electric fuel pump and fans, electric choke, basic AM/FM/CD player. No power anything, but I plan on getting the bigger panel for future electrical accessory expansion.

Thanks!