View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ranger mods are all fairly modest, but they have increased my enjoyment of the truck by a considerable degree:

1. Lund Front Bug Deflector - Quite honestly, I like the look of my Ranger better without it, so I don't always have it on the truck. If I'm going on a long highway trip during the the summer, then I'll put it on. It was my first Ranger "mod" so I feel I should mention it here;

2. Wade Bed Rail Caps - My Ranger came with the a nice Ford Duraliner, but it fits "under the rails" meaning it does not offer the rail protection like some other liners do. These caps are a nice addition for both looks and preventing scratches;

3. AutoShade Vent Visors - I had these professionally installed as part of their purchase. Great not only at keeping out the rain and snow but also filtering out the high sun. They look sharp, too;

4. Speaker Upgrade - Replaced the stock junkers with some decent Kenwoods in front and higher end Infinity's in the rear. This really should have been the first mod I ever did, since it's easy enough and makes a big difference in sound quality and listening pleasure;

5. Explorer Seats - I got really lucky and practically fell into a pair of power leather Eddy Bauer Ex seats for real cheap at a local junkyard. Absolutely love them.

6. Explorer Overhead Console - I was grabbing this at the junkyard out of an EB Explorer when I noticed the seats. I have the console and wiring sitting here but have not yet had the opportunity to intall it in my Ranger (seats had to go in first).

7. Tailgate Cable Bolt - This is a very handy and extremely easy (and cheap) mod which means it's a great idea. I first heard of it from FTE member 2K3 Mach. What you do is replace the top bolt on each tailgate latch (on the bed side) with the same type of bolt found on the bottom of the latch (the one that holds the cable). As a result of this mod, you now have an adjustable tailgate. By unhooking the cables off the lower bolt and hooking them back onto the higher bolt, that leaves the tailgate at an upward angle so you can haul long items and they won't slide out. Part # N806909S100 at the dealer (a few bucks each) or just grab some at the junkyard like I did.

That's it I guess. It's all I can think of for now, anyway.

Last edited by Rockledge; 11-26-2005 at 09:40 AM.