Old 11-24-2005, 03:52 PM
BIGRNU
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave S
Let me be the first to welcome you to the area. I live about 20 minutes from Scott. (Was in the reserves after AD @ SAFB in the mid-90's). If you are moving to base housing, you'll have no crap from the SP's about it, but Belleville cops are @$$-#0!e$ about all things vehicular. If you need more info about the area, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Welcome to the area!

Dave
Hey Dave! Thanks for the welcome. We are looking at purchasing a house in Belleville or one of the other small towns near Scott AFB. I've done the rental thing over and over again, and currently live in base housing at Peterson AFB. I really have no desire to live in someone else's house anymore!! I'm ready to OWN.

I am seriously considering just running my 6.5" lift with 35" tires, if it doesn't put me too much over the bumper height limit. If I'm within an inch or two, I can't see the cops giving me too much of a hard time. I'm a young guy - but have a wife and a kid, so my driving habits have adjusted accordingly. I don't hot rod around, don't "cruise", and do my best to stay within the speed limits. Hopefully that is enough to keep the police away!

I'll drop you a PM a little later - I do have some questions about the area.

Thanks again!

Mark