Old 11-24-2005, 12:05 AM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Cans and Cannot Do's for Highway Patrol/Sheriff

Okay, so after getting pulled over yesterday for doing 61 in a 55, although 4 cars infront of me doing 70+, I was curious to know if anyone could enlighten me on some cans and cants for the highway patrolmen/women?

Do they HAVE to have their parking lights on while sitting on the shoulder?

Do they HAVE to let you know your speed they "clocked you at" if you ask?

Do they HAVE to let you see the radar if you ask?

The reason I ask this, is because as I was going to work yesterday, I got passed by 4 cars within about a 2 mile span on the highway(pretty flat road), and went by a cop while he was sitting on the shoulder, no parking lights on, dark out so you couldn't see him(dark blue Impala, local cop), and just as I went by, he pulled out with his headlights on, and pulled me over. I was a little(quite a bit actually) upset considering the people in front of me were going much faster. You could not see him, and he had no lights on when he supposedly clocked me, however he would not tell me my speed, which I inquired about to see if my speedometer was off. I feel I was trapped since it was dark, and he could not be seen, and he was illegally parked correct(with no lights on, on the shoulder of the highway, with the engine running)?

Any help and/or additional comments on this subject would be very helpful.