View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 08:33 AM
bob arrington
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arlandra
I have a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT with a 2.9 V6 resently I've lost power, on a flat road it seemed fine but a slit hill and the engine starts lossing power. I've changed Plugs, Plug wires, Cap, Rotor pickups inside the distributor. I checked to see if the cat was pluged and it's not. From the AutoX Ray scanner I received codes 41, No exhaust gas oxygen switching detected alwaya indecating lean 13, No RPM control cannot control RPM low during self idle test or idle control onopertive. Can some one tell me in which direction to throw the next pile of money @
throt two things to try ... one, give it a vacum leak... in other words pull a vacum hase lose driive it ,and see if that changes anything , ...two, check to see if you are getting signal to and from your throttle positon sensor... three, pull you o2 sensor and chech for back preasure ... you may have a plugged cat, as a matter of fact , Id bet on it.in one of your posts you said the pluggs were fouling , thats not lean , no matter what the scanner says . my 2cs , bob P.S. If any of this works or doesnt, let me know, I have other tricks I like and need 390 parts also,bob

Last edited by bob arrington; 11-19-2005 at 08:38 AM. Reason: bad info