View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 10:04 PM
mike2112
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RABS light won't go out

OK, I've posted this elsewhere and gotten very little response. Maybe someone more "homegrown" can help out.

Nothing new here, just an ABS light that won't go out. I have read through all the ABS posts and am still perplexed. 1987 F-150, 302, 2WD, auto. Here's what happens: turn vehicle on, light comes on for a couple of seconds, then goes out for a couple of seconds, then comes on and stays on. I hear a little click when the light goes out. I have replaced the speed sensor with a new one from Ford, I have checked the wiring from the speed sensor, and have checked the wiring at the master cylinder. When I ground the black/orange wire, I get no codes. The light does not flash, it is just on. All other lights are OK. I have read in other posts that the black/orange wire connects to a red wire. I don't seem to have such a red wire. My black/orange is just hanging out there by itself. Could this be causing my light to stay on? Where the hell is this red wire? Where does it go? Where has it gone? Also, coming out from the side of the truck, next to the emergency brake, is a lt.blue/black wire that looks like some test connection. Any clue what this is? Thanks for any help. Phantom lights really put me over the edge.