Thread: Turbo Overboost
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Paclik
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gameboynws,
My truck has the newer metal pipe and clamps. It isn't an issue with crummy clamps, it is a problem with the Turbo. Or whatever component is causing the Turbo to malfunction. I also have had a history of really bad "Turbo Farts" especially after 3 Ford engineers reprogrammed my truck last March. I think the reason for so many problems with my truck may be trying to make this 2003 work in a 2004 truck. I would be curious to see how many early 04 trucks with the 03 engines have some of the multi problems that I have.
My truck is a F-350, 6.0L, CC, Auto, Lariet, Camper Pkg, Towing Pkg, loaded. It is totally stock. When new it ran perfectly, I don't know why anyone would want to boost for more power, mine didn't need it, and I would be concerned about the drive train being overstressed. I have always kept my trucks since 1959 for at least 10 years. Except the 2001 F-350, 7.3L, it was also a Lemon, but only one problem that Ford couldn't fix, it would just start cutting out and die, after "Dealer tradeback" it took them a month to finally figure out what the problem was. The sold it to a guy and according to the Salesman the new owner loves the truck.
Thanks, Jim