View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 05:43 PM
acslim
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ford Corrosion Warranty

i am the disgruntled owner of a 2001 ford F-150 supercrew pick-up. it recently came to my attention that the rocker panels of my truck are completely rusted out, being held together by paint and clear coat. my truck has under 100,000 miles and is in excellent running condition. i took my truck to a ford dealership and was told that the manufacture warranty was up by 3 months, and they weren't going to do anything about the damage. rust damage like this doesn't just happen overnight. i'm really pissed off because i bought the truck from a ford dealership, and paid a lot of money for this truck. only to find out that there is extensive corrosion to the rocker panels. do the math, the truck is an 2001 with completely rusted out panels, some surface rust is to be expected. but this is a load of crap, i've had 2 different body shops look at my truck, one was a Ford body shop, and both times they said that they had never seen damage that extensive on such a new truck. Ford screwed something up and now i'm paying for it....