Thread: some bad news
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:56 AM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some bad news

about 3 weeks ago, my father inlaw had a heart attack, was spared and doing well. so the doctor gave him the "OK" to go out and go camping at his cabin in Antlers, Oklahoma. he left last thursday morning and some time between then and last night, the cabin he, his friend carol, and his dog jake passed away due to a fire. the best we can guess is that the propane heater somehow caught the cabin on fire, and they were overcome with smoke, and died in their sleep, as they were still in the bed.

My wife is seriously distraught, and I may be away from the boards for a while to tend to her needs. should anyone need to contact me, I should have my cell phone, or if you know my home number, that's fine too.

I would like to ask that you all say a prayer or two for John, Carol, and the dog, as well as for the rest of the families they have left behind that will be grieving this unforseen loss.

people, go home and tell your loved ones that you love them and be with them as much as you can. John and Carol were both given second chances to come back and tell their families they love them, you may not get that chance.

again please say a prayer for the families that are effected by this tragic loss, as well as for your friends and families.

thanks for the "ear" people, we need all the support we can get.

Ken