Thread: Soy BioDiesel
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 10:37 PM
bczolone
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been making my own now for about 2 months all in small batches. I have not put any in my 2004 PSD becaus of unreliable information as to the side effects. I have read as much as I can off the internet including the University of Missouri and Idaho projects including several others. I have made it using several types of oil that is waste. I even made a batch from bacon grease. Right now I'am using used soy oil that was in the fryers for 6 weeks...it really bad but my end products are all crystal clear and aside from smell and viscosity look just like DF #2 in appearence. Ran about ten gallons so far in tractor and pressure washer...no problems. From one report they suggest not using it straight in any direct inject or commonrail systems because of excessive carbon deposits on the injectors. IDI diesel are perfect for 100% Biodiesel; ie. 1994 or older Fords. Not sure on the dodge. They recommend 1985 or older Mercedes as the best all round. Anyways there is tone of info and recipes...im trying a new one now using a first stage with SO4...14 molar or 95% so we'll see how it turns out. The methanol is not the culprit in destroying rubber fuel lines, its the oil itself. Most all vehicles '96 or newer use Viton hoses which are not affected so therefore you would be wise to replace any rubber fuel lines with Viton.