View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 09:41 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if your truck is a flex fuel it wont hurt it any, your supposed to be able to tell by certain number in the vin.

my dad has an 02 e150 w/5.4, he ran e85 and it sucked it really fast and clogged the converter, he says it sure did run though! i have run some of the 10% stuff before w/ no effects, but it would be so diluted anyways...

im currently putting a 68 4v 302 (10:1 compression) into an 84 capri, since eth' likes higher compression and more timing due to octane, im gonna try running some of the e85, there is only 1 place here in town that sells it, i dont know how much for but if its any under 2.50, i can deal w/ a bit less mpg (i have been paying 3.10 lately at 11.5mpg in my highboy)

story time: i was gonna start a 307 in auto tech to do a check on charging voltage, when the chevy wouldn't start i saw it wasn't getting gas, when i reached the fuel filter i grapped the hose going into and got one hell of a suprise, the hose going from the small gas tank(its a mockup engine on its own stand) to the filter was super soft, it was like a mix between laffy taffy and a rubber band, i replaced it and took the hose to my teacher, and he said that it was from sitting all summer with the gas (that had some alcohol in it) in the line.