View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't hang it up, not everyone is against it. Do a search on this forum to get more opinions and ideas. Ufortunately, this has been hashed out so much that it gets tiring starting over so often in a new thread when there are many others that are identical.
Do your research and see what all has to be done. I think you will find that it isn't a lot that has to be done. So far what I have found is the seal problem which is elimnated by neoprene seal, and many vehicles are more ethanol capable than most will admit due to liability. I have run E85 on occasion through many vehicles, but have not been able to access it regular to see just what the effects are. From what I have read and researched, the main issue comes down to fuel pumps, injectors, and ignition curve mapping. Ethanol will over time break down the plastic, and then attack the copper windings, same for the injectors. The E85 vehicles have a different plastic and silver windings. They also have the sensor to tell the computer what fuel is there so it can adjust accordingly.