Thread: Lets Talk
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris - Glad to hear from you!

I can't help but notice that it has been more than two months since this thread began and we are no closer to a date. That's something I understand because each of the previous meetings was a little like giving birth.

In setting up the last meeting, we found out that there are a lot of folks who really want to get involved, but we are very spread out and time and gasoline is precious. Also, because we are so new, nobody knows what they might be getting involved in.

A suggestion: Make more than one meeting date in different areas. Lots of folks from the north end and south of our area want to attend, but the past meetings (OC/Riverside/Temecula) have been too far away for them. Think about a meeting central (TinaB's, Keith's? or Yorba Park?), a meeting south (San Diego/Escondido?) and a meeting north (Ventura/West SF Valley?) and set them 1-2 weeks apart. Have an agenda (I can help with that with notes from our last meeting). Know what we want to accomplish and/or organize.

I am willing to help set up the plan (contact me by phone) and contact everybody (old and new FTE'ers) from the greater SoCal area by email. I'll coordinate with FTE'ers local to the venues to select sites and provide directions to each site, etc. I'll be glad to volunteer Ed Oe to help, because we all agreed at the last meeting that he's so good at doing all this stuff, too.

OK? Let's GO!

Oh yeah...and I have GREAT NEWS! I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance.... (just kidding).

TO OTHER SOCAL FTE'ers: Please let us all know here what info you want to get out of a meeting and participation in the SoCal Chapter and what the Chapter might do for you. (Yeah, I want to meet you too!, but what else?)