Thread: 9n Tractor
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:29 PM
0fxd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Ray;
I use this old girl to push snow in the winter.
This info is very enlightening! We Don't have an engine machine shop in town. The bushing in the oil pump is very good so I'm hoping the gears in the kit will make a difference. The safety wire on the mains was copper wire. I'm pretty sure thats not the best.
I'll have a look at the pressure relief.
Working on this old tractor is fun especially with input from guys like you that have "been there, done that".
This engine uses NO oil, and is a beautiful runner, except for the rod knock till the pressure comes up. Then there is no noises at all. Sometimes, after sitting a couple of weeks, the oil pressure does not come up at all on start up until I shut down and prime it thru the front [pressure relief?] hole with the big nut. I pulled the bottom apart to address this issue. Originally to replace the oil pump. I figured while I was in there I would slide in some rod shells as well. Preventative. Removed the rod caps to find std brgings with .005 brass shims behind the lower shells. I have located some .002 under shells and hope to be in the ball park with plastigauge when they get here.
Hows this plan sound so far?
Frank.