Old 08-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Tim Ervin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He changed transmission fluid (no filter, suction method) and I told him to change the screen. A month later they changed filter and oil and added Lucas to the trans. Each step he made gave improvement and last I heard (couple months maybe) it's running like it used to. Lucas is an oil additive, in case you're not familiar with it, primarily used by diesel equipment mechanics to enhance oil properties like clinging to parts. it comes in gallons and smaller sizes at most parts stores but probably isn't what the auto manufacturers would recomend. They'd rather their dealers get the repair jobs. I've never used Lucas in an auto trans. but in engines and such I've never had anything bad happen due to the Lucas. As for the transmission it could very well have been a stuck TCC. New buyers get away with "neglect" but when one of us gets their trade in, we have to pay for it. I put a TransGo kit into my E4OD last winter and checked the inside good. I'm not a transmission guy, just don't like walking. Sorry I don't have more details. Posting, reading old posts, searching, etc. helps give insight on diagnosing and correcting most problems. And it's cheaper than slapping on parts or running it to a shop. Good luck.