View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
john bagley
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stalling problem is a new one on me. I had the engagement problem with the fluid change fix. Then I had the bucking when making sharp turns problem. That's "fixed" by replacing clutches in the rear end. Mine was in the dealer for two weeks with the rear end torn completely out. Then when they put it back together. The ABS light would come on and the brakes would grind when it was on. Also the 4X4 HIGH light kept going on and off. Took them several days to figure that out. I've had it back about 4 weeks now and this week the ABS light comes on intermittently and the Cruise Control only works when it wants to. The plastic panel that houses the window switches on the drivers door is broken and loose. You can see that the plastic tab that holds the panel in place has broken off. Took it to the dealer, "Oh yeah that part is on backorder" You mean I'm not the only guy this has happened to. "Naw we've seen several of those broken." That was 3 weeks ago and no one has called me to say the part is in. Just got off the phone with my brother who is an attorney. He represents Ford in some areas. He put two transmissions in a Ford Windstar before getting a Honda Odyssey. Someone just called him tonight about problems with their Explorer thinking he had some pull with Ford. Seems their 2005 Explorer just blew an engine at 700 miles. Something about the valves seizing up. He's p.o.'d because Ford wont give him a new car.They want to replace the engine. When you get right down to it, this is a disgrace. What year is your car? Sounds like a 2004. How many miles? $17,000 sounds about right but my Toyota dealer only wants to offer $13,500 as I mentioned previously. Carmax, who I think is notorious for lowballing, offered me $16,000.