View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 07:38 PM
john bagley
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lisa, there are Technical service bulletins (TSB's) about everything you describe.My Explorer has been the object of almost every TSB. The throttle lag when turning corners (TSB 04-26-20) has to do with the "drive by wire" system. There is no direct connection between the pedal and the throttle body. They tell you in the TSB to reprogram something but go on to say that this will "improve but may not eliminate the problem". Thanks a lot! TSB 04-18-3 addresses the "Hoot Noise While Driving Issue". It has to do with the air conditioning and is a 5 HOUR repair. Lucky for you it's under warranty. You have already figured out the "transmission fluid additive" problem. This car is the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought in 50 years of driving and has depreciated like a rock. It stickered for $34,000, I paid $28,000 for it less than 2 years ago and the Toyota dealer wants to give me $13,500 on a trade. I've driven Fords for a long time but this is the last one for me. Incidentally, for a small fee you can get all these TSB's at a website called Infotraxx.com. Good luck.