View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
bestspectre
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1976 F150 Ignition Switch pin out.

I have this 1976 F150 360cid 4X4 that I use here on the ranch as a work truck. I loaned it to one of my tenants to do some work and they lost the key. They said that to have a locksmith make a new key would cost more than putting in a new ignition switch. It now needs a new switch anyway because the idiots had used a screwdriver to try and force the switch. I told them to do whatever they needed to do to get it back running. Things went from bad to worse when they were taking the old ignition housing out. They cut the wires to the plug to the housing instead of just unpluging it and in the process pulled some of the pins out of the plug. No telling where the missing pins went with their color codeing. Can anyone get me a picture of the back of the ignition switch plug with the color of the wires visable. My wiring diagram shows where the colors go but has nothing to indicate which pins on the switch they go to. Needless to say whenever this idiots wants to borrow something, anything. the answer is alway NO!! Without even thinking. Which is what happened in the first place. I sure need my truck back running and I will be greatly appreciative of anyone who can help. Please email the Pics to me at bestspectre@yahoo.com

Jim